Internet Intranet and Extranet
- by Snabay Networking
- 22 days ago
Today I will talk about Internet Intranet and extranet. We are using this in our daily life but don’t know actually what is, most of the people are so busy in their work so they don’t even wish to know about it and the only the person wish to know about it who are pursuing course or preparing for the Networking Exam or any other IT exam. To know more about it keep reading this article till the end you will get know actually what is internet, intranet, and extranet.
Internet is a network of networks or you can say it is a group of a network where all the networks are connected to each other in such arrangement so that they can able to share the data information and the resources to each other.
Internet is a World Wide Network where all the computer need to connect through the Internet Service Provider (ISP).
It is basically when you access to the internet and send something to your friend the request first goes your Local internet tower and then to your Internet Service Provider such as Airtel, JIO, Vodafone Etc. and then goes to the internet service provider of your friend and then goes the internet tower of your locality and then to your friend’s mobile or laptop whatever he or she is using.
Cliock Here: Network Routing and Switching
Advantages of using Internet
- It allows you to share thought, talent, opinions or any information to the world.
- We can communicate to anyone anywhere in the world where internet is available.
- Speed of delivery of call, message or the information is very fast as compare to traditional mode of communication or the delivery of information.
- Cost of delivery of information is very fast as compare to traditional mode.
- It saves our lots of time as it allows the fastest execution.
- It is also used for education, research, and training.
Intranet is such type of network which is used for the organization or the company and it is used within the organization or the company and other people cannot access this only the employees or the authorized employees of the company or the organization can access this network. It is safe from intruders or the public as other people can’t access this network it can’t access by the public network that’s why the security is more in this network.
Advantages of using Intranet
- It allows access to only employees or a particular person who is working in that organization.
- It does not give access to other people as it can not access by the public internet.
- In this network company’s data and information is safe they can work safely in this network as it does not give access to the others.
- It is safe from the intruder or the hackers.
An extranet is such type of network in which the company or the organization communicate with the other company or organization or you can say the company who partnership with other company usually communicate in this network to share the data, information and the resources to each other in order to run the organization well.
If you will talk about the security feature then the security feature of this network is very good as the other people cannot access this network, it can’t be access by the public network only the authorized person of the company can access this otherwise nobody can access this network it is safe from the public or unauthorized access.
Visit Here: Learn Computer Networking
Advantages of using Extranet
- In the extranet network only the particular company or the organization can communicate with each other it can not access the other people.
- It is safe from the intruder or the hackers from being hacked the confidential information.
- Jointly develop and use training programs with other companies.
- Only the particular or authorized a person or the employee can access this network.