How to Transfer Mail from Outlook for Mac to Office 365
- by Vella Roger
- 2 months ago
There are multiple numbers of users who are searching for an advanced utility to transfer mail from Outlook for Mac to Office 365, which allows them to convert from desktop-based Outlook to Web-based Outlook Web Access. As we are surviving in an environment where the trend for using the cloud is increasing day by day. When we talk about email management application then nothing is better than Microsoft Outlook email client. There is a number of users who only prefers to use Microsoft Outlook to manage their personal information including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, reminders, events, etc. MS Outlook is a cross-platform email application presented for both Windows as well as Mac OS. There are various approaches to import Windows Outlook PST file to Office 365. But, for Mac Outlook there is no manual way is discussed. Therefore, here we provide an advanced way to directly export OLM file into Office 365 account just by providing Office 365 account details.
Reasons to Import OLM File into Office 365 Account
There is a number of reasons to migrate Outlook OLM mails to Office 365. Some of them listed below-
- Some Mac Outlook users want to switch their email application to cloud-based Office 365 account because of its advanced functionality.
- Microsoft Office 365 users can open their emails from any location or anywhere of the world widely, though it is not possible with Mac Outlook editions.
- MS O365 account can be easily opened by using an account using with any system, it is not possible with Mac Outlook 2011 and Mac Outlook 2016.
- Online Office 365 comes with advanced level security features and it is very less chance for virus attack because it is a cloud-based platform.
- Office 365 is capable of full fill all business requirements such as it is a combination of Emails, Contacts, Calendar, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc. with cloud facility.
Manually Import OLM Files into Office 365 Cloud Account
If you want to convert OLM file to Office 365 in Windows, then first you need to migrate OLM to PST format. To execute this method, first you need to setup an IMAP email account, then you can use it to transfer mail from Outlook for Mac to Windows Outlook PST format.
Step 1. Login your Gmail Account to setup an IMAP Email Account
Step 2. Now, configure OLM File with Gmail Account
Step 3. After that, make a new Gmail Label, and start synchronizing the Mac OLM file with IMAP Account.
Step 4. Now, move all the data items from OLM to IMAP Mailbox
Step 5. After that, you can transfer those emails from IMAP to MS Outlook
Step 6. In the end, migrate complete OLM file emails in MS Outlook
Steps to Move Outlook PST File to Exchange Online (Office 365)
To perform this method by Microsoft PST Capture Tool. This application helps you to capture PST file to convert stored data. For this method, you need to create a PST search to navigate the needed PST files on a specific on your network and then you can easily convert multiple PST files to specific mailboxes in your association.
First, properly install and launch PST Capture Tool in your system
Note 1. Download the PST Capture application then you need to add the service account the Local Administrators group on the server you are installing on.
Note 2. And, also required to manually install the PST Capture Agent on all machines that you want to scan for PSTs. So, install PST Capture Agent on your system where your PST file is stored to complete the process.
- Now, on the application screen, you will see two options “New PST Search” and “New Import List”
- Opt the “New PST Search” option and pick one client computer in your domain
- And, the next screen, you will see the default options choose accordingly
- Now, the next window will offer you to run “manually or schedule” the scan, choose one and click the next button and then finish
- After this, you go back to the PST Capture Tool Console, and verify your machine name and selected the “Search All Now Button”
- After completing the scan process, select the server and the PST file, which was found and click the New Import List and select Cloud Import and went to the new tab created ‘Cloud Import List’
- Now provide the details of your Office 365 account to start a cloud connection
- Then, check and verify all the settings options
- Configure Message Import option according to you
- Opt Archive Mailbox option settings from the given list, this allows you to directly import the PST file to Online Archive mailbox attached to the primary mailbox
- Choose the items to be imported in NON mail item settings
- In Staging area Settings, you will see the location of the PST file and size
- Import tolerance settings enable you to set the time to stop the migration if the data items fail
- Now, fixed the General Settings and click the OK button
- After this, you will able to see the main screen, here to choose Set mailbox option, a window will appear and show the available mailboxes to migrate the contents of the PST, then select a mailbox
- On the main screen, you will be able to see the PST file of selected mailbox
- Then, click on “Import All Now” option
- Now, once you want to stop this process, so you can also stop this process by clicking the “Stop Import” button
- Lastly, open your Office 365 account and you will be able to see the loaded PST file on the screen with calendar entries in the Calendar view.
Note 3. Make sure that your account should be a part of the Organization Administrator group.
Why Users Not Want to Prefer Manual Solution?
The Manual solution takes a lot of time for conversion and confusing process also. For those reasons, users don’t want to choose a manual solution. So, here some drawbacks of the manual method are listed –
- The manual process takes a lot of time to perform.
- It does not support selective email migration.
- Required strong technical knowledge
- Lengthy process
- It is not effective to bulk conversion
Because of the above-discussed drawbacks of the Manual Method, users always prefer to go for the third-party OLM to Office 365 Converter.
In this article write up the complete information about Mac OLM files to Office 365 migration along with requirements and solutions to transfer mail from Outlook for Mac to Office 365. And, we have also discussed the reasons for conversion. If users find manual solutions difficult and time-consuming then, they can go for the third-party tool.