Obesity - Home Remedies, Causes, Simple! Natural ways to Control and Prevention
- by Romesh Soni
- 10 months ago
The epidemic of overweight and obesity presents a major challenge across the population of the world. Fueled by economic growth, the influence of industrialization, increased dependency on mechanized transport, urbanization which lead to sedentary lifestyle, and a nutritional transition to processed foods and high-calorie diets over the past 3 decades, many countries have observed the prevalence of obesity in its citizens double, and even quadruple. The rising predominance of childhood obesity, in particular, foreshadows the burden of disease in individuals and healthcare systems in the decades to come.
Obesity is described as a condition of abnormal or excessive fat accumulation in adipose tissue, to the extent that health is impaired. Excessive fats are deposited either around the waist and trunk or peripherally around the body.
What are the Causes of Obesity?
Obesity occurs when there is more intake of calories than you burn through exercise and day to day activities. The body stores these excess calories as fat. Although there are genetic, behavioral and hormonal influences on the body the underlined cause is poor metabolism.
- Inactivity: If you're not very active, the calories won’t be utilized. With a stationery lifestyle, you can easily take in more calories every day than you use through exercise and normal daily activities.
- Unhealthy diet and eating habits: Weight gain is inevitable if you regularly eat more calories than the body requires and it is not utilized.
- Not sleeping enough: Studies have suggested that missing sleep increases the risk of gaining weight leading to obesity. Due to sleep deprivation, there is an increased risk of obesity in both adults and children. This is caused because of the hormonal change that leads to increased appetite. The body produces ghrelin that stimulates digestive fire. But in some cases, lack of sleep may result in less production of leptin, a hormone that suppresses the appetite.
- Due to various diseases: Various metabolic diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and high blood pressure can be a major threat to obesity. Researchers believe there is a link between high consumption of fructose and obesity and metabolic syndrome and studies were conducted which helped to conclude "increased fructose intake may be a high metabolic risk factor in young people."
- Medications lead to weight gain: Some medications can also lead to weight gain. Commonly antipsychotics, anticonvulsants, hypoglycemic medications, some antidepressants promote weight gain. However, some medications may lead to weight loss.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is a period where a woman's weight necessarily increases. Due to this some women finds it difficult to lose weight after the baby is born. This weight gain may lead to the development of obesity in women.
1. GARCINIA CAMBOGIA
This is a small, pumpkin-shaped, yellow or greenish fruit. The taste of fruit is so sour that it is generally taken freshly but used in cooking. The peel of the fruit is rich in hydroxycitric acid (HCA) which is an active substance that has been proved to have some weight loss property. The fruits also reduce appetite, controls the fat production, lowers cholesterol thereby helping in weight reduction.
500 to 1000mg can be consumed thrice daily with lots of water.
2. LEMON JUICE WITH HONEY
Mix three teaspoons of lemon juice with one teaspoon of honey, and add one-half teaspoon of black pepper powder to a glass of water. Drink in the morning in empty stomach. Continue to drink this daily for at least three months. It aids easy digestion and detoxification. The citric acid present in lemons is efficient in burning fat
3. ALOE VERA JUICE
Aloe vera leaves should be peeled to get the pulp out of it. Put it in a blender along with one cup of citrus juice and blend for two to three minutes. Consume this daily for at least a month.
The presence of natural collagen proteins in Aloe vera makes the body work harder in order to absorb the proteins. In addition, it helps to evacuate the toxins from the digestive system and colon.
4. CURRY LEAVES
According to Ayurveda, eating 10 fresh curry leaves daily in the morning helps to deal with obesity and cures diabetes caused by obesity. Mahanimbine, an alkaloid present in curry leaves helps to lower the body weight lessen the total cholesterol and triglyceride levels
5. FENNEL SEEDS
The seeds can be dry roast and ground to fine powder. Consume 1 teaspoon of this powder twice daily with warm water. This also helps to relieve abdominal gas, indigestion, and constipation. This should be taken 15mins before food for effective action.
Fennel seeds possess diuretic properties due to which it promotes weight loss. These seeds also help to reduce the level of leptin.