Everything You Need to Know About Agile Web Development
- by Ads Andurl
- 6 months ago
One of the widely adopted methodologies in the domain of software development is the Agile software development methodology. The number of companies relying on this web development technique is growing steadily owing to the numerous benefits agile development offers. Before we proceed to understand more about agile development methodologies, it is important to know when and how this system originated.
About Agile Development Methodology
Agile Development Software was officially launched in the year 2001 when a group of 17 technologists designed the Agile Manifesto that describes all the values and principles of software development frameworks. This system, which is adopted by Agile software development companies, is conceptualized based on adaptive planning, evolutionary development, early delivery and continual improvement. It involves an approach wherein the requirements and solutions evolve with the help of self-organizing, cross-functional teams and their end users.
About the Manifesto for Agile Software Development
The manifesto clearly defines the following values:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to Change over following a plan
Furthermore, the Manifesto for agile development methodology has been developed on the basis of twelve principles as mentioned below:
- Complete customer satisfaction via timely and hassle-free delivery of quality software.
- Welcome changing requirements, even in late development.
- Deliver working software frequently (weeks instead of months)
- Close and regular collaboration between developers and business owners
- Projects are built around motivated individuals, who must be trusted
- Face-to-face conversation is the best communication method (co-location)
- Maintainable development with a constant pace
- Continuous focus on technical brilliance and design
- Simplicity is an art of doubling the work which is not done is quite important
- Self-organizing development team ensuring the best architectures, designs, and requirements
- Frequently, the team should know how to become more effective and do adjustments
Advantages of using Agile development
The agile development methodologies have fast replaced the waterfall software development which was earlier a popular method of software development. Clearly, the reason why an agile software development company in India is gaining the trust of users is because of the many advantages offered by this new-age software development system.
Some major benefits of agile development methodology are discussed below.
1. Transparency: An agile software development company in Delhi, for instance, can be confident on giving the best user experience and an exclusive chance to be consistently involved in the project. This is clearly because of the transparency assured by this method.
2. Quick and predictable delivery: Since each Sprint is for a fixed duration, the cost is predictable and corresponds to the amount of work performed by the time as per the schedule.
3. Scope for change: Under agile development services, there is huge scope for continuous refinement of the product features, unlike other development methodologies. That is, new and changed backlog items could be planned in the next iteration.
4. Enhanced business value: Agile development methodologies let the clients decide the priority features and this is one of the biggest advantages.
Given the above mentioned advantages, both clients and the company are in for mutual benefits and this creates a win-win situation for them.
5. Agile Development Software was officially launched in the year 2001 when a group of 17 technologists designed the Agile Manifesto that describes all the values and principles of software development frameworks.
6. The number of companies relying on this web development technique is growing steadily owing to the numerous benefits agile development offers. Before we proceed to understand more about agile development methodologies, it is important to know when and how this system originated.
For more details:- Adsandurl