How to effectively undergo the PMP Exam prep
- by Richard Pierce
- 7 months ago
PMP Exam prep is an extensive and rigorous journey of obtaining the globally renowned Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate. The credential is offered by the prestigious Project Management Institute (PMI) and is crafted to test your skills, knowledge and competency level of project management concepts, understanding and terminology. In order to obtain the credential you need to undergo the examination preparation and seek a formal training.
How to prepare and ace through the PMP exam preparation?
There are certain facile steps you must practice in order to successfully make your way through the extensive preparation for the PMP Certification.
- For starters, you can go through the certification handbook published by the PMI. The handbook is a 20 minute read, and features the basics you should know before taking on the PMP credential. The handbook includes the prerequisites, eligibility criterion, process, examination related queries and many other basic details which you need to be through with, before you go on preparing for your examination.
- Next, you can start by crafting a solid study plan for you preparation. A plan is must, as it can help you complete the massive PMP exam course on time. The plan should include certain milestones, which you must complete to in order to get a good grasp over the contents of the examination course. You must include the time for practice and revision sessions. Schedule the dates and start preparing.
- Once you have scheduled your examination dates, you can then start getting hold of the examination course. First and foremost, you must get the PMBOK guide, as it the core study and reference material for the questions asked in the examination. The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) guide features 10 knowledge areas and 5 processes, which you need to be thorough with, in order to land on a good score. No matter what professional examination you are preparing for, be it PMP, CBAP or ECBA exam preparation, you can grab additional study material to get a good grasp over the examination course.
Use tools and techniques to make the PMP preparation easier
- There are certain tools and techniques you use, to effectively have a good understanding over the examination course. There are numerous sources over the web which can provide you with free tools, such as mock tests to help you determine your weak areas and simulators to get you the pace required to solve the questions during the examination.
Get the formal PMP training from an PMI authorized institute
- You must enrol with a professional certification training institute to get the mandatory 21-hour PMP training. The training program enhances your skills, knowledge and confidence to undergo the preparation and appear for the examination with ease. There are 3 distinct pathways that are authorized by the PMI, you can have access to, in order to get the Professional Development Hours (PDUs): Classroom training, online self-training, online instructor-led training. Choose the one which best suits your time, money and study timetable.
- Practice all you can. You cannot clear the examination if you do not practice. You must go through the PMBOK guide at least twice. A thorough knowledge of PMP course will help you land on a good score. Absolutely do NOT study a day before the examination, and try to avoid any sort of gatherings while you are preparing for the same. Make sure you reach the examination venue at least 1 hour before your examination starts.
The PMP credential is a rare jewel, as it not only helps you to land on better job prospects, but also helps you develop networks and gets you a better salary. Organizations prefer hiring certified applicants who hold the skills, concepts and knowledge required to handle everyday task and projects, rather the non-certified ones.
No matter what professional examination you are planning to take on, an extensive preparation is required along with a professional training. It is recommended to undergo the training from a PMI or IIBA authorized training institute. These institutes can help you overcome your dream of getting certified with sessions for PMP, CBAP, and ECBA Certification Training etc.