Effective ways to fix HP Printer in error state in Windows 8.1
- by Maria Jhon
- 6 months ago
Hewlett Packard is a notable name which is known for producing various outstanding products. All the products have received a lot of appreciation from users all over the globe. But, the printer has made a remarkable place in the hearts of the millions. It has stylish models, tremendous speed, the hardware of the printer is excellent, affordable, portable, and much more. All the models are compatible with all the devices and platforms. And they are available in the market both wired and wireless form. In case you have any queries on any of the HP Printer models, then you need to Contact HP Printer to get all your doubts clarified instantly. Still, there are multiple times when the user shared their discontentment while handling the printer for their purposes. HP Printer in error state in Windows 8.1 is a common issue which the user stumbles upon while handling the printer for their purposes.
While operating the printer on your Windows 8.1 system, you might get entertained with the error message ‘HP Printer in error state’, thus you wouldn’t be able to use your printer properly. To get rid of this issue, you can try some simple ways like switching on your printer; try to connect with your system as well as the internet. You need to check further whether the printer cover is opened or not; the paper isn’t jammed; look whether you have low ink levels in the ink cartridges or not. Looking at the problem, it seems to be peculiar, yet it needs the urgent attention of the users to fix it wholly.
Are you fetching the same issue on your Windows OS? Yes! Then have a quick look at this below short blog to get a clear idea about the problem and fix it accordingly.
Quick steps to fix HP Printer in error state in Windows OS
- Try to resolve the printer error state in Windows 8.1
- There is a possibility of the printer’s fault for displaying the error on the screen.
- You need to check whether all the cables and connections of the printer are done properly.
- Check whether your printer is switched on or off.
- You need to check whether the cable is properly attached or not in the printer.
- Try to check whether the printer has sufficient ink levels in the ink cartridges or not.
- Make sure you don’t have any paper jam issue in your printer.
- Fix the issue through device manager
- Try to click on the ‘Start’ icon.
- You need to enter ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press the ‘enter’ key.
- Select the ‘view menu’ option followed by ‘show hidden devices’ option.
- Click on the ‘Look for ports’ option followed by ‘properties’ option.
- Select the ‘Port settings’ option.
- Select the checkbox to enable ‘legacy plug & play’ option.
- Click on the ‘Ok’ option.
- Restart the system to save the settings.
- Attempt to uninstall the device driver
- You need to select your printer from the list of ‘Device Manager’ option.
- Try to choose ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Select the ‘Yes’ option.
- Restart the system to save the changes.
- Try to install the genuine HP driver
You need to make sure that you remove the outdated driver from the system. And look for the genuine and updated printer driver in the system. Visit the official website to purchase.
We assume that the steps listed above have assisted you entirely as you expected it to happen for you. In case you are unable to fix the problem by your own or you have other similar issues for which you need help then you need to contact the professional technicians at HP Printer Support to get immediate relief from your problems.